Did you take a screenshot on steam while playing games? Now the question is where does steam save screenshots? Not able to find where the screenshot has been saved. Well In this guide I am going to tell you where steam screenshot folder located on your PC.
Before that, if you don’t know what is steam, let me talk a little about steam.
How To Access The Steam Screenshot Folder?
Method 1: (Best Way To Find Steam Screenshots Folder)
- Open Steam Software and Click on View >> Screenshot
- A new window will open. Now Click on Show on Disk and Steam screenshot folder will open. That’s it.
You can open the steam screenshot folder by browsing the below location.
- Open File Explorer and then open C:\Programfiles (x86) > Steam > userdata > (yourSteamID) > 760 > remote > (app ID) > screenshots.
So, follow the above path where are steam screenshots stored.
Method 3: (Directly from desktop by creating shortcut)
Now if you don’t want to browse the location again and again. And also if you want to open steam screenshot without opening the steam software then follow these steps.
How To Take A Screenshot While Gaming?
To take a screenshot while you’re playing, you just have to press the default key binding of F12 (by default). By pressing the F12 key, you can take a screenshot while playing games. Now, you can publish it on the steam community or social media.
How To Save Screenshots With Steam?
When you press F12 key it will take the screenshot and automatically save on your PC. The new Screenshot Manager system allows you to upload your screenshot while playing the game. To customize the screenshot hotkey, you have to visit the In-Game section of Steam Settings.
How To Change Steam Screenshot Folder Location
If you want to change the steam screenshot folder location then follow the below steps.
- Open Steam Software >> then click on “View” >> then “Settings”
- After that, a new window will open and click on “In-Game”
- Now you will see an option “Screenshot Folder” below the screenshot shortcut key option.
- Click on “Screenshot Folder” and select or create a new folder where you want to save then click on “Select” And Finally click on “Ok”. That’s it…
Steam Overlay Not Opening
Now coming to the phase where the main problem occurs. Maximum gamers complain that they cannot open their Steam Overlay. Well, for this case, let me enlighten you by saying that the Overlay interface will not open by pressing its default shortcuts (Shift+Tab) if it’s changed by mistake.
To access it properly, the first thing you have to do is, to make sure that the Overlay is enabled and your default keys are correct. Detailed instructions are provided down below.
The overlay is a supporting component of the game you’re playing. It will close automatically as soon as your system will face a heavy load.
Make sure that your system is in a fine state by upgrading all the major drives, limiting the number of background programs running during the gameplay, updating your OS to its latest version.
Follow these Steps:
- Open the System Client and
- Go to Steam>Settings/Preferences>In-game tab. Check the box which is next to Enable the system Overlay while In-game.
Another process is, right-click on the game in your computer > Properties (under the general tab). Check the box which is next to Enable the system Overlay while In-game.
We all know that gamers are very creative in nature. The Steam Screenshot facility allows them to remember their art-filled gaming days and keep them prized in their cupboards. If you still have questions related to how to find steam screenshots folder or facing any issue to find out the folder please let me know.