Microsoft changed the gaming market when it came up with Xbox.
If you are one of the thousands who had gotten himself an Xbox pass to gain access to the millions of games available on the Xbox library, then you probably thought about the day when you will need to cancel the subscription.
Getting a pass enables you to access the 100 Xbox one and Xbox 360 games, although Microsoft offers you a free trial of two weeks to give you a taste of it, after that, you will need to pay 9.99 dollars a month to keep your Xbox subscription going. Although, you can start the subscription again once you cancel it. The system is made so that the subscription is on an auto-renewal basis, so you do not need to renew it manually every month.
How To Cancel Xbox Game Pass?
Why Cancel An Xbox Game Pass Subscription?
You may choose to cancel it for various reasons like you have exhausted the whole library of games and do not show how is it worth to keep the subscription going then when you can renew it again when new games are launched, or you may choose to cancel it because you only wanted to try out the two weeks free trial and you did not like it, or you simply cannot afford the subscription money every month.
Steps To Canceling Xbox Game Pass
Previously, you could cancel the auto-renewal feature from the Xbox One, but now you cannot do so, the function is not available anymore. But, do not fret just yet, because there is another way to cancel your Xbox game pass just as easily, all you will be needing is a computer or smartphone. Do note, that once you cancel your Xbox game pass, you can still access the whole Xbox game library only until the current pay period, once the current payment period is over, your access to the Xbox game library will cease. But, this feature keeps you stress-free, as you can play the games without worrying about the renewal date and keeping count on the number of days left before auto-renewal.
- Open your browser and go to Microsoft.com/services on your computer or smartphone whichever device you are using at the moment.
- Once you arrive on the page, you will be prompted to log in to your Microsoft account which is again linked to your Xbox game ID.
- After you have logged in, navigate your way to the ‘Xbox game pass’ subsection, there you will see the word ‘manage,’ click on it.
- As soon as you click on it, you will see the option ‘turn off auto-renew’ displayed in clear letters on the screen.
- After you click on ‘turn off auto-renew’ option, Microsoft will prompt you again for a confirmation before you hit the ‘confirm cancellation’ button.
- Follow these steps as mentioned above to easily cancel your Xbox game pass without any fuss. The cancellation is as easy as it sounds.
Can You Start Over From Where You Left Or You Start From Scratch?
Microsoft knows that you will be willing to come back for more so what they do is upload all your game-related progress and everything to the cloud and backs it up. This means that all the game-related data from leveling up to all the money or gems you had earned while in the game is saved and stored in the cloud.
So once you decide to go back to playing Xbox again and resubscribe, you do not need to worry about starting from scratch. You will find yourself starting from where you left off.