Internet is nowadays the most important necessity in our lives. Our whole life revolves around the internet. Be it having to search for a place or having to search for a hotel or restaurant, finding the correct reviews before buying an expensive equipment or finding the right plot of land to build your dream house on, internet acts as the best guide. Gone are the days when a limited amount of data could satisfy the demands and needs of the people. Eventually, the concept of unlimited data crept in and along with it, WiFi networks came into being.
A router is characterized to provide network coverage over a limited area. With the help of a WiFi extender, the concept changes a little. This kind of device, which can either be wired or non-wired, helps to bring the wireless signal to those parts or areas of a place where the network coverage is relatively weak or, for worse, non-existent. The device incorporates the use of a connection that is either wired or has a wired backhaul and travels all over the home. This helps you to enjoy the benefit of speedy and extremely reliable cables instead of relying completely on the wireless signals to provide you with an internet connection. It is now convenient to eliminate the dead spots of WiFi in your home and enjoy a wide range of connectivity. This, however, doesn’t mean that you have to compromise on the speed of your internet connection. The range extender device is also known for delivering a speed as fast as 300 Mbps and hence, allowing superfast streaming and browsing.
How to Set Up a Belkin Range Extender
Setting The Device Up
Equipped with the ability to expand the wireless connection of the network at your home to multiple square feet and maintaining the optimum speed, Belkin Range Extender is a must have in your home. Suited to work compatibly with almost any router, this extender is easy to install. You do not have to put extra effort in reconfiguring the device. You can now expand the wireless connection at your home in a blink. One of the biggest advantages of this extender is that once plugged in, it doesn’t block the other socket in most of the outlets where it is plugged.
Steps For Installation Of Wired Extender
The Belkin Range Extender can easily be configured with the help of a wired connection apart from setting it up with the help of the CD which comes along with the device. In order to configure and set up the wired system manually, one needs to follow these steps:
- Check the settings of the WiFi on the access point or the router: You have to get the range extender connected to the computer and configure the extender.
- Ensure the perfect match of the WiFi settings of the router and the range extending device: For this purpose, one needs to identify the name of the WiFi, the WiFi channel, the mode of security of the WiFi and the password.
- Connect the devices with a ethernet cable: Once the computer and the range extender are connected to one another, the setup page that is web-based will become accessible.
- Configuration of the Range extender: For this purpose, you will first have to launch your browser and then, go to the address bar and enter “192.168.1.1”. You can leave the place designated for the user-name vacant and simply enter “admin” in the place that is meant for the password.
- Go to the option that reads “Wireless” and select “Basic Wireless Settings”. On the section for viewing the configuration, click on the button of manual radio and enter the name of the router’s WiFi in the process field.
- Choose the mode of security that is being used by your router.
- After you have chosen the mode of security, enter the password.
- Once you are done, click on “Save Settings” to save all the changes that you have made.
Once the setting is done, turn the WiFi on so that you can enjoy extended WiFi network coverage.
Steps For Installation Of Wireless Setup
Whether you are hooking the power extending device to a wired or a wireless internet connection, the procedure of installation will direct you to that website which will guide you through and provide a detailed step-by-step instruction. For the wireless setup, you first need to plug the device into any power outlet. For the most effective and best results, it is advisable to choose an outlet that is nearby the “Edge” of the network coverage of your WiFi. Once the plugging in is done, connect to the network of WiFi using any device.
Steps To Reset A Range Extender To “Factory Defaults”
Electronic gadgets often stop working or show some signs of malfunctioning. The best and the easiest way to fix this trouble is to reset the device to its factory default settings. Just like any other gadget, the Belkin WiFi Range extender can tend to act up. The cleanest and the safest shift, in this case, is to reset the device. Resetting the Belkin WiFi Range Extender is a comparatively easy task. All you need to do is press the reset button that is present at the bottom of the device. Pressing the reset button will not affect the settings that were inputted while setting the device up and hence, one doesn’t need to do the whole setup again.
If this process doesn’t work well for you, you need to seek the assistance of the Belkin’s official support website and from there, get the firmware, that has been last updated, for your WiFi extender.
The website will also give you access to the 24/7 support through chat. Anyone in need can contact the support team of the company at any time between 5am to 9pm on any day of the week.
Troubleshooting The Device
For troubleshooting the Belkin WiFi Range Extender, one needs to follow the given steps:
One has to power cycle the Belkin Range extender:
- Unplug the extender from the source of power.
- Restart the modem and the main router.
- Again plug the extender into the source of power and then try to connect to the Internet.
One can reset the Belkin WiFi Range Extender:
- Power the Belkin WiFi Range Extender on.
- Find out the reset hole that is present at the back of the extender.
- Reset the extender with the help of a pen or a paperclip.
- Press the key that reads “Reset”.
- Hold the “Reset” button until the lights of the extender start to blink.
- Restart the Extender and wait.
You can reconfigure the Belkin WiFi Range Extender so that that serves as a procedure for troubleshooting. In order to carry out the installation procedure once again, follow the given steps:
- Plug to Power and then go to computer.
- You will find a network that is unsecured present by the name Belkin.setup.
- Connect to it. Open the Internet Browser.
- There you have to type “Belkin.Range.
- Once you hit enter, you will be directed to the setup page of the extender.
- You will be given a set of instructions. Follow them and go ahead with the configuration of the extender.
Hope this article gives you an overall idea about the Belkin WiFi Range Extender. Get it installed and enjoy connectivity in the most inaccessible areas!