in case you see the error that says no video with supported format and MIME type found, you don’t have to feel astonished or worried at all. We have brought some of the best methods to resolve the error taking place in Firefox .
Why does the MIME error arise?
The error particularly occurs in Firefox and some other browsers because of outdated version. either the browser needs to be updated or you need to change the format of your video for once and for all.
HTML5 video player often portrays the error on the screen. Therefore, check out the browser affected supporting the actual format of the video.
How to deal with error?
you can deal with the error through the following easy methods –
Update your browser
The easiest and the most worthwhile method to resolve the technical issues arising with your video and Browser is by updating your browser. The updated Browser version can create a better user experience and help you to enjoy videos in distinct formats.
- Clear away Browser cookies and cache
Clearing away browser cookies and cache is Yet another method through which you can enjoy seamless video quality and encounter the error.
It must be noted that you need to the below mentioned steps to get it done –
- visit Firefox “options” and choose “preferences” in the address bar
- select privacy and security option located in the left hand side corner.
- In the history section, check out the clear history option and clear now option.
- Under the history section, clear data and clear again to confirm.
- Restart your Firefox browser and check out whether the error message goes away.
Disable browser and recent downloads
Sometimes extensions can hinder the overall workability of a browser and video. Extensions can create compatibility issues and arise in errors like”no video with supported format and MIME type found.”
- Visit the add-on detection of your browser and type about addons in the address bar.
- Hit enter
- Try playing the video once again and check out whether the error has been checked
In case the error continues to occur, you can enable the extensions once again and check out the below mentioned solutions.
Check out on another Browser
It is quite possible that your browser does not support the video format which might arise in error popup on your screen. The best is to play the video in different browsers or format all together.
Hopefully this post has helped you to resolve the “no video with supported format and mime type found error”. You can try out any of the steps and help us to know which one proved worthwhile for you