Are you facing any error while updating games on steam? If so then you must be searching for solutions to resolve such error. Well, here are the few steps you can follow to fix steam content file locked issue.
Now there are different ways and methods to solve the issues, and you have to give it a try and check which one works for you.
Steps To Fix Steam Content File Locked
Solution 1: Reset Winsock
Step 1: You have to open “Command Prompt (CMD)” as an administrator. To open Press Win Key and type cmd on the search box. Then you will see the command prompt, just right click on it and then click on “Run as administrator”.
Step 2: Now type “netsh Winsock reset” on the command prompt and press enter.
Step 3: After doing this restart your PC and check whether it is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Check Antivirus Software
- At first, you need to restart your device, and it is better for you to click on prelaunch steam.
- Then you will find the library section and so click on that to check what the problem with your antivirus is.
- After you see the file’s properties move on to local tab and then select it.
- On the game files, you will get an option for verification. Then your problem will be solved.
Solution 3: Corrupted Files
- Visit the steam directory after quitting the Steam.
- Go to the folder named “logs” and click on “text.”
- Go to the lowest part of the page and search if any errors are logging your device.
- Then you can search for the folder named “root.”
- Now you can restart the steam and move on to your downloading folder.
- When you get the update option, and then click on it.
- On update, all the blockage and issues that was causing errors will be resolved.
- Visit settings and search for the steam client.
- Click on downloads and then you will see the folders for the steam library.
- After that, you can close the steam client.
- Now you only have to track your steam client where it is located currently in your device.
- After you find all of them select all of them and with the right click button click on the cut menu.
- Then paste it on the specified new directory.
- Login and then launch your steam.
Since you are learning and trying different measures to solve your streaming issues like getting locked or facing blocking problems the above steps must be followed accordingly.
Don’t miss any steps or else you will be in trouble. Enjoying games are fun nowadays and to avoid spoiling of such gaming funs due to steaming issues try out the above steps, and your problems are solved.
All procedures explained above are well tried by many people facing such challenges and are satisfied with the results. So don’t wait. You must give it a try to solve your steam content file locking issues.